Home Hospice of Georgia has implemented a COVID-19 policy to address the safety and welfare of our patients, families, employees and the community at large. We have been in regular communication with the Georgia Hospice and Palliative Care Organization and the Georgia Department of Public Health and are regularly following updates provided by the CDC to ensure our policy is updated with the latest available COVID-19 information.
Below are some examples of the COVID-19 protocols we have put in place:
- Provided employees with the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including N95 masks, clothes garments and face guards.
- Employees are required to stay home if they show any symptoms of being sick regardless of whether they are COVID-19 related symptoms. Any employee showing COVID-19 symptoms are required to be tested prior to returning to work or are to self-quarantine for a period of 14-days with daily monitoring by Home Hospice of Georgia management.
- New patients are all pre-screened for potential exposure to COVID-19.
- All employees are working remotely with meetings being held via video conferences or by phone.
- Re-educating all employees on appropriate infection control protocol and use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Contacted each of our patients and families to answer their questions and concerns and to ensure they have the appropriate family protocols in place to limit potential exposure to COVID-19 within their family.
To learn more about our COVID-19 policy, please call us at 678-257-2690 and ask to speak with our Administrator, Director of Nursing or Director of Patient Relations. We hope you and your family stay safe during this unprecedented period in our history. Home Hospice of Georgia is always here to support our patients, families and local communities should you have any COVID-19 questions or concerns.